Sunday, July 01, 2007

Wild Releases #26 - #34

One of our local used bookstores was having a sidewalk sale yesterday, so I bought some books to release at the Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival being held at Twin Lakes Park this weekend. Thousands of people attend every day of the four-day festival, so I thought this would be a great opportunity for a mass release. I left five of them myself on assorted benches, walls, posts, and trees; my niece, who was volunteering for the day, said she wanted to release one in her booth; and my sister took my last three with her when she decided to go to the festival. The books that were released today were: Ordeal by Innocence, by Agatha Christie; Billy Bathgate, by E.L. Doctorow; Breathing Lessons, by Anne Tyler; She's Not There, by Mary-Ann Smith; Pot of Gold, by Judith Michael; First Wives Club, by Olivia Goldsmith; The Red Pony, by John Steinbeck; Shane, by Jack Schaefer; and Amy and Isabelle, by Elizabeth Strout.

No comments: