Monday, September 24, 2007

Wild Release #62

A year ago yesterday, I was having the most fabulous meal of my life in a beautiful old stone villa in Tuscany, Italy. Today, I had dinner at the Olive Garden Italian Restaurant. Definitely not the same, but still good in its own way. The Olive Garden in Greensburg is always teeming with people--you generally have to wait for a table every night of the week. I always found this strange considering that there is a large portion of the population here that are Italian, and therefore, probably eat Italian more often than we German/Swiss do. Anyway, there are a few benches outside for the patient patrons to sit on while they wait, so I left "The Idylls of the King," by Alfred Lord Tennyson, for them. I believe I fed someone's mind tonight since the book was gone when we left.

No comments: