Sunday, December 02, 2007

Wild Releases #94 & #95

I had two books to release for my fourth SSM challenge--"C.S. Lewis Through the Shadowlands," by Brian Sibley, and "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe: The Creatures of Narnia," by Scout Driggs.

I spent all week trying to think of a good place to leave them and I kept coming up blank. Then I read today's newspaper and saw an ad for Staples, the office supply wonderland, and it clicked--C.S. Lewis' name is Clive STAPLES Lewis, so I left the Sibley book by the staples in Staples at sunset. Then I headed across the street to do some grocery shopping at Giant Eagle. I thought of leaving the other book by the $1 a night DVD rental machine, but I ended up leaving it in the free literature rack in the lobby. Mission Accomplished (x2)!

This week's challenge, set by dicentragirl, follows:

What: SSM 1202-The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe
When: December 2, 2007
How: C.S. Lewis’ birthday is this week (the 29th) Let’s celebrate by having a book release in his honor. Pick a book by C.S. Lewis or one that relates to lions, witches or wardrobes/clothes. Release in a clothing store or get creative (think closets, etc.).

1 comment:

Brian Sibley said...

Well, I didn't find either book, but (through the wonder that is the internet) I DID find out that my book was one of the two!