Saturday, September 26, 2009

Wild Releases #753 - #760 & Wild Find #2!

I spent the day with my fabulous ex-coworker, her No. 1 Daughter, and No. 1 Niece in Baltimore, Maryland. Our primary goal was to visit The Book Thing, a wonderful warehouse full of thousands of absolutely positively free books; our secondary goal was to explore Baltimore's Inner Harbor a bit before heading home; my tertiary goal was to release books all along the way. My first release of the day was Arthur Golden's "Memoirs of a Geisha" at the Gateway Restaurant in Breezewood, Pa. My next releases were donated, along with several dozen unregistered books, to The Book Thing. The ones I left behind included "Violence and the Media," by Cynthia Carter; "Garnishing," by Francis T. Lynch;  "Western Civilization: A Brief History," by Jackson J. Spielvogel; and "Fabulous Napkin Folds," by Gay Merrill Gross. I was also lucky enough to find a BookCrossing book on the shelves of The Book Thing: "Empire of Heaven," by Linda Ching Sledge! Once we had our fill of The Book Thing, we headed to Inner Harbor to do a little exploring. I left "Coastliners," by Joanne Harris, on a bench at the Harbor East Water Taxi Landing; and Baltimore denizen Edgar Allan Poe's "The Gold-Bug and Other Tales"  on a bench at the Top of the World observation floor, overlooking his final resting place. Last, but not least, to be released was "Paint the Town Dead," by Nancy Bell at the New Stanton Travel Plaza on the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

No comments: