Sunday, April 12, 2015

The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, by Rachel Joyce

Several things made me read "The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry": 1) Mom's book club's recommendation, 2) a Facebook post about most overlooked/underrated books of 2014, which led to 3) marking the bottom right-hand corner on my "2015 Reading BINGO" card, and 4) it was just $1.99 for the Kindle version through amazon.com.

Rachel Joyce has a way with words. There is some truly lovely language in this book and a few highlight-worthy lines, including my favorites: "She's a Jane Austen fan; she's seen all her movies," and "I should have raged." I enjoyed every step of Harold Fry's journey, even when it got a little "Forrest Gump"-y for a few chapters. I also enjoyed the interview with the author at the end; it was quite interesting.

No comments: