Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Books Read in 2019

My reading habits continue to improve. I managed to read 34 books this year, 12 more than in 2018.

These are the books I tackled in 2019. You can follow the links to their journal entries on BookCrossing; those books without a link were either borrowed, or are in my permanent collection for the moment. (E) indicates they were read on my Kindle/Nook; (A) means they were audiobooks; (L) means I borrowed them from my local library; (R) means I re-read some old friends.

My favorites this year? My Dear Hamilton, by Laura Kaye and Stephanie Dray; Artemis, by Andy Weir; Americanah, by Chimimandah Ngozi Adichie; and The Wise Man's Fear, by Patrick Rothfuss.

January
1. A God In Ruins, by Kate Atkinson

February
2. Jane Austen in Boca, by Paula Marantz Cohen

March
3. Madame Koska & le Spectre de la Rose, by Ilil Arbel (E)
4. La's Orchestra Saves The World, by Alexander McCall Smith
5. Look Alive Twenty-Five, by Janet Evanovich (A) (L)
6. Lady Susan, by Jane Austen (E)

April
7. Artemis, by Andy Weir (E) (L)
8. A Caribbean Mystery, by Agatha Christie

May
9. Eighty Days: Nellie Bly and Elizabeth Bisland's History-Making Race Around the World, by Matthew Goodman (E) (L)
10. Pardonable Lies, by Jacqueline Winspear (E)
11. People of the Book, by Geraldine Brooks

June
12. Sometimes I Lie, by Alice Feeney
13. The Overdue Life of Amy Byler, by Kelly Harms (E)
14. P.S. From Paris, by Marc Levy (E)

July
15. The Story of the Trapp Family Singers, by Maria Augusta Trapp (E)
16. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (E) (R)
17. Private Lies, by Cynthia St. Aubin (E)

August
18. Lying Low, by Cynthia St. Aubin (E)
19. My Dear Hamilton, by Laura Kaye and Stephanie Dray (E)

September
20. A Man Called Ove, by Fredrik Backman (E) (L)
21. Americanah, by Chimimandah Ngozi Adichie
22. The Day the World Came to Town: 9/11 in Gander Newfoundland, by Jim DeFede (E)
23. Crooked House, by Agatha Christie

October
24. The Good Husband of Zebra Drive, by Alexander McCall Smith
25. Amsterdam, by Ian McEwan
26. Bloodsucking Fiends: A Love Story, by Christopher Moore
27. You Suck: A Love Story, by Christopher Moore
28. I Know Who You Are, by Alice Feeney (E) (L)

November
29. The Wise Man's Fear, by Patrick Rothfuss (E)
30. The Hate U Give, by Angie Thomas (E) (L)
31. Becoming, by Michelle Obama (A) (L)

December
32. The Moving Finger, by Agatha Christie
33. The Android's Dream, by John Scalzi
34. The Slow Regard of Silent Things, by Patrick Rothfuss

No comments: