Saturday, May 02, 2009

Wild Releases #598 & #599

Even though today was another chilly, overcast day in southwestern Pennsylvania, it was a fantastic day because I started it by meeting Phil Keoghan, host of "The Amazing Race," as he bicycled through Pittsburgh on his Ride Across America, which is raising money and awareness for MS. After hanging out with Phil, his dad, his wife, his crew, and a few dozen other fans and well-wishers (including Sister No. 4, Brother-in-Law No. 3, and Nephews No. 2 and No. 3) at the GNC in Robinson Town Center, I headed over to the North Side to release a couple of Pittsburgh-themed books.

The first was "We'll Never Forget You, Roberto Clemente," by Trudie Engel. From the moment I saw this book at my local Goodwill store, I knew I would be releasing it at the Roberto Clemente statue at PNC Park, home of the Pittsburgh Pirates.

After taking lots of photos of Roberto and the city skyline, I headed across Sixth Street to the North Shore Riverfront Park where I left Pittsburgh native Annie Dillard's "An American Childhood" on a piece of sculpture along the river.

No comments: