Friday, July 23, 2010

Wild Releases #967 - #970

Even though it was 150°F today (or felt like it, anyway), Sister No. 1 and I went into Center City to do some sightseeing, shopping, and book dropping. Sister No. 1 was very good at finding little pockets of air conditioning as we explored. I loved the Reading Terminal Market, an indoor farmer's market that features an eclectic array of fresh baked Amish goods, produce direct from the field, unusual spices, meats, cheeses, flowers, ethnic foods, and much more. I was also glad to finally see LOVE Park, named for the statue in this photo. I remember a U.S. postage stamp from the 1970s or 1980s with this statue on it, but I didn't realize it was real until decades later. All in all, it was a long, hot day, but I got to spend it with my big sister, so it was a good one. Books we left along the way included Wish You Were Here, by Rita Mae Brown; Never Give Up, by Hiromu Mutou; Eyes of Fire, by Heather Graham; and A Better Angel, by Chris Adrian.

No comments: