Saturday, July 24, 2010

Wild Releases #971 - #974

Home at last, with a trail of books left in my wake. I stopped at three travel plazas on the Pennsylvania Turnpike and released a book at each: "Werewolves Don't Go To Summer Camp," by Debbie Dady and Marcia T. Jones, at the Lawn Travel Plaza; "Dog Eat Dog," by Laurien Berenson, at the Blue Mountain Travel Plaza; and "Spy Games," by Gina Robinson, at the Somerset Travel Plaza. I left the Turnpike altogether at one point to make a detour to the Bedford Springs Resort in Bedford, Pa. The medicinal values of Bedford's springs were discovered around 1796, and the resort was soon visited by numerous notables. James Buchanan used the Springs as his summer White House while President. I have wanted to stop there ever since I learned about it, so today seemed like the perfect opportunity. If it hadn't been so hot outside, I would have enjoyed exploring it and taking lots of photos, but the heat got the best of me and I retreated to the comfort of my air-conditioned car after leaving "The Picnic Caper," by Carol Reinsma, on a wall at the entrance to the hotel's circular drive. Fall would be a cooler time to go back.

No comments: