Sunday, November 04, 2007

Wild Release #76

"Latte Trouble," by Cleo Coyle, was released at The American Coffee Shop in Greensburg as my first SSM challenge. SSM stands for Sunday Sunset Mission and apparently, they used to happen all the time. Everyone around the world would release a particular kind of book at a particular kind of place on a predetermined Sunday at their own sunset time. When I first started BookCrossing, I noticed an unused forum called "SSMs" whose description was "The forum to discuss top-secret SSMs. If you don't know what they are, DON'T POST HERE!" I waited and waited for someone to post something there and finally was rewarded. Now the SSMs have started up again and I'm looking forward to participating in as many as I can.

This week's challenge, set by dicentragirl, follows:

What: SSM 1104- Coffee, Tea, Come Read Me!
When: November 4th 2007, at Sunset
Who: YOU!
Where and how: Grab your book to be released and head to your favorite coffee house or tea shop.

Although The American Coffee Shop was closed, it being Sunday and all, I left it in a BookCrossing release bag propped up on one of the chairs on their sidewalk just a smidge past sunset. Mission Accomplished!

No comments: