Sunday, November 11, 2007

Wild Release #79

"The Lady and the Unicorn," by Tracy Chevalier, was released at The Westmoreland Museum of American Art in Greensburg as my second SSM challenge.

I fully expected the museum to be closed and the parking lot to be empty, it being Sunday and all, but the lights were blazing when I pulled in and people were leaving left and right. I had to circle the block a few times before I was sure that nobody would witness my drop (I like to be stealthy. You don't have to be, but I like to be). I was finally able to leave the book in a BookCrossing release bag propped up on a statue in the parking area just a smidge past sunset. Mission Accomplished!

This week's challenge, set by dicentragirl, follows:

What: SSM 1111- Art for Art's Sake
When: November 11th 2007, at Sunset
How: With the birthdays of Georgia O’Keefe and Monet this week, we celebrate art and artists. Pick a book about your favorite artist or maybe an instructional art book. Releases can be at galleries, art supply stores, or anyplace that says “ART” to you.

No comments: