Sunday, August 24, 2008

Wild Release #378

This release was a long time coming. "Long Way Round: Chasing Shadows Across the World," by Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman, has travelled a long way in the back of my car for the last eight months or so. I knew I wanted to release it at a motorcycle shop, but I finished reading it while winter was still rearing its ugly head, and then one thing or another--such as over-anxious salesmen who meet you at the sidewalk and prevent you from just leaving a book in a plant, on a bench, or in the window--kept me from sending Ewan and Charley on their next adventure.

The planets were finally in alignment today: I was in the right part of town and Z&M Cycle Sales is closed on Sundays so no salesmen could scare me away. I was finally able to leave the book on a bench outside *and* take a release photo. Happy travels!

No comments: