Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wild Releases #355 & #356

Happy vacation to me! I had a few days to use before the end of August so I took the whole week off to do stuff I want to do. Today, I wanted to go to the Titanic: The Artifacts Exhibition at the Carnegie Science Center in Pittsburgh, so my mother and I did. I was both impressed and disappointed with the exhibit. I was glad to see so many things that were salvaged from the ship, including a two-ton piece of the actual hull, but I wanted the whole experience to be even bigger and more ... titanic. Before you go in the exhibit, they give you a card with biographical information about one of the passengers on the ship. At the end, you are supposed to check the wall of survivors to learn your fate. Unfortunately, I died. Strangely, when I was younger, I always had the feeling that I died on the Titanic in a previous life. Perhaps I was peeking into the future, rather than the past. I left two themed releases there: "Tonight on the Titanic," by Mary Pope Osborne, was left inside the exhibit on a windowsill in the small recreation of the second class dining room, and "The Discovery of the Titanic," by Robert D. Ballard, was left on a light pole sporting a "Titanic" exhibit banner, just outside the exhibit at SportsWorks at the Carnegie Science Center.

"The Discovery of the Titanic" is release #113 for MRWiley's 2008 Movie/TV books release challenge.

No comments: