Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Wild Releases #357 & #358

It was a beautiful day for a drive today, so Mom and I headed to Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater in Mill Run, Pa., to take a self-guided tour of the grounds and leave themed releases behind. I highly recommend the self-guided grounds pass if you ever go. You are allowed to go all around the house (but not inside), guest house, pools, and grounds at your own pace and you are not stuck with a huge group of people.

You can even go on a couple of the cantilevered terraces, which is where I left Nancy Horan's "Loving Frank"--a fictional account of the relationship between Frank Lloyd Wright and Mamah Cheney--leaning up against a vase on a sideboard. My second somewhat-themed release was "Last of the Zinja," by Robert Shea, which I left on a bench at the scenic view area--that spot that *all* the Fallingwater photos are taken from where you can see the house and the stream that runs under it. From reading "Loving Frank," I learned that Frank Lloyd Wright had a great love of all things Japanese, hence "Last of the Zinja" was right at home.

No comments: