Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wild Releases #891 - #894

After a morning spent volunteering for the American Cancer Society Daffodil Days campaign, I was lucky enough to spend a wonderful afternoon at the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium with Brother No. 1, Sister-in-Law No. 1, Sister No. 5, and Nieces Nos. 6, 7, and 8! Of course, I had to leave some books while I was there. I left "Best Cat Stories," by Beryl Reid, on a bench by the tiger exhibit; "The Lions of Lucerne," by Brad Thor, by the lion exhibit; "An American Childhood," by Annie Dillard, on a lightpost heading into Kids' Kingdom; and "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day," by Judith Viorst, on a rock on the path leading out of the zoo. I'm sure some very tired and cranky children will pass that way (I think I was with a couple of them!).

No comments: