Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wild Release #275

I went to Chick-fil-A in Eastgate Plaza along Route 30 East in Greensburg in search of a cool, quiet place to eat my lunch and read a few pages of my book. I *almost* found what I was looking for; it was cool, but far from quiet. Nearly every table was taken when I got there, but it cleared out considerably within about 10 minutes, and I was able to enjoy my chicken nuggets and waffle fries and read ... until a mother/daughter duo sat at the table right next to mine (even though there were many other empty tables by this point), both chatting away on their cell phones, and to each other, and to the people on each other's cell phones. After five minutes had passed with no relief from the noise, I decided I would prefer to read in my stuffy car in the hot sun. I left Harper Lee's "To Kill a Mockingbird" on the ledge by the front door on my way in, and it was still there when I left.

Release #73 for MRWiley's 2008 Movie/TV books release challenge.

No comments: