Monday, June 01, 2009

Catch #86!

I love it when the month starts off with a catch. "Sadako and the 1000 Paper Cranes" has found a new home with mathisfun from Uniontown, Pa.

Here is the new journal entry: Dear Grubsneerg, This is to let you know that I found your book, and it is safe and sound! I found it on May 22, 2009 when my husband and I took a day-off and some how ended-up at Phipps Conservatory. It was a beautiful day. I found the book on a bench in a quiet spot in the Botanical Gardens where you said you left it. I first noticed the tag that said "I'm Free! I'm not lost!," and so I just picked it up. I thought it was a children's book. I did not look at it until after we walked through the conservatory, and were having a cold drink in the cafe.
We were both surprised--we never heard about bookcrossing. We told some of our friends and family about our finding, and they were also fascinated. My husband read the story, but I did not read it yet. He will not tell me about it, but I got the impression from him that it is somewhat sad. I intend to take care of it, and sent it on its way. I will let you know what I think about the book after I read it, and when and where I leave it. Thank you for a great find! mathisfun!


Thank *you*, mathisfun, and welcome to BookCrossing!

No comments: