Sunday, June 14, 2009

Wild Releases #632 & #633

Finding Stefanie Matteson's "Murder at the Falls" at the Christian Laymen Corps Thrift Store in Greensburg inspired me to take a road trip to Niagara Falls and truly experience this natural wonder of the world. I have been to Niagara Falls twice before--both whirlwind trips where we drove up, looked at the falls, and drove back. I have never been there in the daytime, or for more than a couple of hours. Now that I had a good reason to go--a themed release opportunity--Mom and I went.

I stopped for gas on the way up at a Sheetz in Edinboro, Pa., and left "Calvin and Hobbes," by Bill Watterson, behind on a display of bottled water on the sidewalk outside. I just realized this is a themed release of many layers--on our way to Niagara Falls where unfathomable water rushes over a precipice I leave a book by Bill WATtERson that has a body of water on the cover on a display of water. Funny how the subliminal mind works.

Once we actually got to Niagara Falls (the U.S. side--we were ejected from Canada since Mom doesn't have a valid passport), I left "Murder at the Falls" on the path to Luna Island, just above the Bridal Veil Falls. Mission accomplished!

No comments: