Monday, March 17, 2008

Wild Release #164

I have been saving this book specifically for this day: what better day to release Frank McCourt's memoir, "'Tis," than St. Patrick's Day? And where better to release it than outside the only Irish bar in Greensburg, Callahan's on South Main Street. I planned to release it on my way to Sister No. 6's house, but there was a man with a flashing shamrock necklace milling about on his cell phone, so I waited until I was on my way home to rescout the area. My first pass showed deserted streets, sidewalks, and doorways, so I went around the block, determined to make the drop. Wouldn't you know that my next pass revealed traffic, pedestrians, and patrons leaving the bar? Undeterred, I waited until the coast was clear and was able to prop the book up on a very handy ledge just outside the front door. Happy St. Paddy's Day!

No comments: