Sunday, April 27, 2008

Wild Release #201

When I first heard the theme of this week's SSM, I almost felt like kicking myself. I had just sent a Peterson's guide to North American birds off as a RABCK, and it would have been the *perfect* book for this week. The feeling lasted only a millisecond because I truly *am* glad that the book has found a good home with chevylady1 and Mr. Tenney, who is getting good use of it, and I now had a legitimate reason to go shopping at Goodwill in search of other *perfect* books. I didn't find any birding books at Goodwill, though I did come home with a bagful of other books I couldn't resist. When adding my new books to my already overflowing shelves, I discovered John Grisham's "The Pelican Brief," and decided to send it out on an adventure. I left it with the bird seed in the Giant Eagle supermarket in Eastgate Plaza in Greensburg.

This week's challenge, set by dicentragirl, follows:

SSM 042708: For the Birds
When: April 27th 2008
How: John J. Audubon’s birthday is April 26th and Harper Lee’s birthday is April 28th. Pick a book about birds and release with birdseed or other birding supplies (birdhouses, etc).

Release #38 for MRWiley's 2008 Movie/TV/News books release challenge.

No comments: