Thursday, April 10, 2008

Wild Releases #185 & #186

Sister No. 6 has been forcing me to meet her at her house after work so we can walk around her neighborhood; something about good health. Blech! On our walk today, we happened upon the Amos K. Hutchinson Elementary School on Welty Street in Greensburg. Since I just *happened* to have two books stuffed in the pockets of my hoodie, I left one--Matt Christopher's "Wingman on Ice"--on the bench of a picnic table near the playground, and the other--Joanna Campbell's "Wonder's Promise"--on the porch of the one-room schoolhouse on the opposite side of the school's campus. The schoolhouse was open, so we went inside to have a look around. It turns out that they were holding a book exchange--bring one, take one--and that they do it the second Thursday of every month. So I started out with two books and ended up with none, while Sister No. 6 started out with no books and ended up with one. Funny how life works sometimes :)

No comments: