Saturday, July 12, 2008

Wild Release #314

You'll be happy to know that I did find a beach chair at Target, and some beach clothes at Wal*Mart in Latrobe. I know *I* was happy to find them. I am also happy to be on vacation!!! I am spending the next week in the Outer Banks of North Carolina with Mom, Sister No. 5, Brother-in-Law No. 4, and Nieces No. 3, No. 7, and No. 8, and I have a bagful of books to release in our wake.

We stopped in Meyersville, Maryland, for gas and lunch and I released my first book of the vacation--Lemony Snicket's "The Carnivorous Carnival"--on top of the free newspaper rack outside the Burger King on Route 17. It's actually a pretty cool Burger King, done in the style of a 1950s diner. They have a booth in the shape of a 50's car, jukeboxes, giant 45 records around the lights on the ceiling, and a great outdoor playground. Niece No. 3 was wishing she was young enough to play on it.

Release #93 for MRWiley's 2008 Movie/TV books release challenge.

No comments: