Saturday, July 19, 2008

Wild Releases #327 - #330

It took us 12-1/2 hours to get home from the Outer Banks--a trip that should have been at least three hours shorter but wasn't thanks to horrendous traffic on just about every road we were on. I had to stop for gas outside of Richmond, Va., so I took the opportunity to leave "Against the Law," by Michael C. Eberhardt, at the Sandy Lane Shell station in Mechanicsville, Va., off of I-295. Mom has been dreaming about IHOPs this whole week thanks to all the billboards and TV commercials we have seen and, as luck would have it, there was an IHOP directly across from the gas station. I left "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban," by J.K. Rowling, on a bench in the lobby of IHOP before we were seated. After we placed our order and were waiting for our food, I saw a twenty-somethingish girl pick up the book and take it with her.

When we finally made it to Breezewood, Pa., I was so glad to be just 90 minutes from home, but I was also hungry again, so we stopped at Quiznos for a quick bite. I left John Grisham's "Bleachers" on a rack of potato chips where you place your order, and then, on our way out, I left the last book I brought to release on our vacation, Janet Evanovich's "Back to the Bedroom," on the window ledge outside the front door of Starbucks. Now it's back to my bedroom for me because I'm wiped out from our looooooooong day.

"Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" is release #98 for MRWiley's 2008 Movie/TV books release challenge.

No comments: