Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Wild Releases #332 - #335

I was in the Magee-Women's Hospital neighborhood in the Oakland section of Pittsburgh and decided to leave some books behind. I left Michael Crichton's "State of Fear" on a bench in the tunnel between the parking garage and the hospital, and C.S. Lewis's "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" on a windowsill on the fourth floor where the medical offices are. When I passed the windowsill later, the book was gone, but the bookmark was left behind. It *is* a small book that could be read in one sitting--I guess the finder was feeling confident.

On my way home, I stopped in North Huntingdon for lunch and shopping. You may not know this, but North Huntingdon is home to the one and only Big Mac© Museum--the most tasteful museum in the world, or so they claim. The McDonald's Big Mac© was founded in nearby Uniontown and when this North Huntingdon McDonald's needed to be rebuilt in 2007, they decided to make it a museum dedicated to the Big Mac©. It's pretty spiffy inside, with sleek booths and comfy chairs, and an über-cool play area for the kiddies. They also have a special menu after 10 p.m. I left "Mallory's Oracle," by Carol O'Connell, on a reading table situated between two comfy reading chairs and then headed next door to Target, where I left James Patterson's "3rd Degree" on a bench on the sidewalk.

"The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" and "3rd Degree" are releases #99 & #100 for MRWiley's 2008 Movie/TV books release challenge.

No comments: