Sunday, November 02, 2008

Wild Releases #446 - #448

I have been hosting a Flat Stanley from Christian in California for a couple of days. He's trying to see as much of the world as possible by March 1, 2009, when he has to return home. He has already been to England, New Jersey, Hong Kong, and Georgia. After spending a couple of days in Pennsylvania, I thought I'd take him to West Virginia as well, since it's only about 90 minutes away. Mom, Flat Stanley, and I stopped at Martin's supermarket in Connellsville, Pa., on the way there and I left Roald Dahl's "The Magic Finger" on a bench outside the front door. When we crossed the Mason-Dixon line, Pennsylvania's border with West Virginia, we headed south and east to Coopers Rock State Park between Morgantown and Bruceton Mills. We had a beautiful view from the overlook. We were so high up that the hawks were flying below us and we couldn't even hear the water from the river below. I left the book "Flat Stanley," by Jeff Brown and Steve Bjorkman, on a bench on our way back to the car, and "The Outsiders," by S.E. Hinton, on top of a large rock with a commemorative plaque situated near the parking lot.

No comments: