Saturday, May 24, 2008

Wild Releases #241 - #243

Today has been a busy, productive day as far as BookCrossing goes. I had to get the oil changed in my car this morning, and I was able to leave "Geraldine's Big Snow," by Holly Keller, in the waiting room at Monro Muffler/Brake & Service on East Pittsburgh Street in Greensburg. Once my car had been given its clean bill of health, I went to Johnson's Hardware in Norvelt, Pa., to pick up a few things I needed for my yardwork. While there, I managed to leave "A Simple Plan," by Scott B. Smith, on an endcap with the bug repellent. As I left Norvelt, I decided to take a drive and try to find Kecksburg, Pa.; I have been wanting to leave a themed release there for months, but the weather and my life have been uncooperative.

This time, my sense of direction was the culprit, because I ended up in Pleasant Unity, Pa., then Latrobe, Pa., where I left "Star Wars," by George Lucas, on a payphone at the Arnold Palmer Regional Airport. From Latrobe, I went through Whitney, Pa., and a dozen other little towns, and saw signs for Kecksburg, but I must have been through it and past it before I realized I missed it. I ended up in Mount Pleasant, Pa., which is never good for me because I always end up lost when I'm there. Thankfully, I managed to make it back to Greensburg without making any wrong turns. Kecksburg will just have to wait for another day. This was release #58 for MRWiley's 2008 Movie/TV/News books release challenge.

No comments: