Thursday, May 29, 2008

Wild Releases #252 & #253

It is a beautiful day today, so I decided to eat lunch at Twin Lakes Park in Greensburg. I went to the "secret" parking lot off of McWilliams Road. It's not really a secret, but it is far removed from the other lots and is on the opposite side of the lakes from them, so not a lot of people use it. Or so I thought. Today I was lucky that someone was leaving as I arrived; otherwise, there were no parking spaces left. I noticed a little garden with benches on the island of grass in the middle of the road that leads to the lot and thought that was an ideal place to leave two books--one for each bench. It turns out the garden is a butterfly garden, filled with plants that attract butterflies, and that it was provided by a group called Compassionate Friends. I left "Artemis Fowl," by Eoin Colfer, and "Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II" for a compassionate friend or two of books to find.

No comments: